Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm Back with Layout #70!


Finally got the computer fixed, thank goodness! Seems like everything I do is online these days, from communication to banking, and when that's gone, it's like missing a limb or something. Not a very comfortable feeling. Anyway, I did get a lot of other stuff done, like scrapbooking and organizing a whole schwack of pages that have been in a stack on my shelf for a while. I've come to a conclusion that I need more albums to house the pages I've done in the last two years or so. I'm struggling with how to organize them, though. Does everyone out there prefer to scrap chronologically or in other ways?
I really love this page, and talk about recycling! The "life is good" tag is something I hoarded from a purse I bought in Alaska three years ago, and the mesh is from one of those 3-packs of garlic! I really went to town on the distressed edges, and I really like the shabby chic look. I also used a pattern from Reflections (CTMH page pattern book) which made the layout come together very simply.
Supplies (all CTMH): Topstitch Level 2 paper pack, ribbon from Chocolate Collection Ribbon Rounds, photo hangers, Cocoa Exclusive Inks marker
Other: tag, mesh, and embroidery floss
PS- I'm entering this page for Picture Perfect Creations #35

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beatiful! Love the hand stitching and you sure know how to think outside the box. I never would have thought to add a mesh garlic bag but it looks great!

    Most of my scrapping is chronological but I do have special trip albums, and each of my kids have baby albums, there's the heritage album, .....OK, so maybe not as chronologically as I think! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! It is gorgeous Rox!! I love all of the distressing and your recycling (what a fabulous idea!!!)
    I just scrapbook and hope it all fits in OK, otherwise I will fix it someday?? Just make sure you have a date on it. I'm thinking our new Works in Progress albums will be very helpful for people like us (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an AMAZING layout! Love everything about it! You are one talented lady! Thanks so much for joining us for our color combo this week. YOu did an really awesome job!

    ReplyDelete