Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Layout #72

Another Brenna layout for ya today, using a sketch from My Little Sketch Blook for inspiration. The journaling is a page ripped out of a journal and it reads a bit like a letter to Brenna. I used papers and stickers from a kit I won from Scraptures (love this kit, it's from Little Yellow Bicycle). How do you like the mixed-media flowering tree: it's got paper, chipboard, and crocheted flowers, and the trunk is felt. Do you see the felt bird swooping down? I haven't stuck him down yet, because I have a question for you - do you think I should add some glitter to him, or leave him as is?

In totally unrelated news, my kids went to the mall with Daddy yesterday to do some Hallowe-en shopping. Nolan came home all excited about the "crap" paper they bought. Apparently, he asked the shopkeeper if she had any "crap" paper, as well! At first I thought he meant craft paper, and then I figured out he meant crepe paper. Too funny!

Supplies: patterned paper and stickers from LYB, felt tree trunk, crocheted flowers, flower brads, liquid glass and prismas glitter from CTMH, button brads fron K&Co., unknown ribbon, chipboard flowers and other flowers, and button

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Rox!!! I LOVE the tree!! It is so pretty!!! The bird looks fine the way it is but as some GFs and I always (?) say, go bling or go home (:, in other words glitter is good too (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that flowery tree :D

    my girls can't wait to go "crapbooking" with me so I know how you feel LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I thought you were going to say he meant to say SCRAP paper but how cute is that - hope he found himself some crap paper lol. I wonder how the bird would look completed with silver glitter.....???looks great the way it is but just thinking....I love the tree how gorgeous. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is lovely and I like how you flipped the photos around. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete