Friday, June 10, 2011

Layout #24 - March Project 12

Yeah, I know, I got a little behind on my Project 12, but I'm all set to catch up now! Here's the layout I just finished for March. I really loved the original sketch, with the tree and the kite, very "spring-ish" (like my made up word?), but all but one of my photos are indoor shots, and the one outdoor shot was in the snow. Yep, it definitely wasn't spring in our neck o' the woods! So I decided to go with stars and circles as my theme, in keeping with the patterned paper. That was my other challenge, finding paper to go with all of the colours in the photos. Obviously these papers are not a perfect match for any of photos, but I don't know, I think it looks okay. Maybe all the white neutralizes things?
Aren't those buttons cool? I found 'em in my stash. I'm thinking that buttons are getting to be my new go-to embellishment, which could be a problem as I'm running low on the coloured ones. I loved using those pom-poms too!
Here's a close-up of the journaling and title. I made the title spot with a couple of grungeboard brackets that I painted white, then added some baby blue Stickles. The letters were stamped in Versamark on white paper, then embossed with Clear Detail embossing powder, and brayered over with Outdoor Navy ink.

I'm not sure I mentioned this when it happened, but Nolan had a leading role in the little musical performance the primary kids put on that month. I was talking to his music teacher before the performance, and she said, "Man, that boy can sing! He's a wonderful singer! You should put him in music lessons!" And I know he sings to himself, and he's got a great memory for lyrics, but it really surprised me to hear someone else say it. Anyway, he performed in front of the whole school, didn't seem nervous, was clear as a bell, and I was so proud, I must've been beaming!

Well, I'm still having trouble leaving comments on many peoples' blogs, so I'm not sure when that will clear up. (Now I'm having problems posting too, so I'm posting this from the library computer.) Just so ya know I'm still here, still reading your stuff, don't give up on me, heehee!

Supplies: CTMH cardstock, patterned paper, ink, and stamp set (Giggle Caps), Ranger Stickles, Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Creative Memories pen, Michael's trim, DecoArt paint, buttons from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Roxy, I too think the papers work really well with the photos. Love the moose photo and the buttons (I also have a thing for buttons!)

    Sorry that you are having problems with Blogger, I also had problems (different ones to yours though) but they seem to have sorted mine out now (thank goodness!)

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way Rox, the papers are perfect for the photos and some of the stars match the green outfit perfectly. How clever are you with the title. wow way too creative for me. I don't think dear little Nate has the singing gene, I know I definately don't have it. But he does love to sing. Love to you, blogger is a mess, I have Internet Explorer 9 now and it seems to be fine now, see if you can upgrade online, it may help. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Project 12 layouts and yours is beautiful! I love the You Rock paper with these photos and I really like how you made the title spot. Miss your comments but I know you are still there! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to click on it to make it bigger ( I like to see all of the details) but it didn't work. I think it is a fabulous layout Roz!!! You Rock works with just about every pic, I think it's great!!! I love the pic of the moose (:

    ReplyDelete