Sunday, June 26, 2011

Layout #29 - ARTastic and Creative Scrappers



Whew, I think I'm going to make it just under the wire over at ARTastic with this one! The thing is, I've had this layout in mind for weeks now, but I didn't get the photos printed until yesterday, so I've been scrambling, but I really like how it turned out! For 6 extra diva points, I've got 2 people in the photo(s), striped paper, and a boat. I also used this sketch from Creative Scrappers
to help me pull it together, only I had to flip it and de-girlify it a bit! I really wanted to use some fly fishing supplies as embellies on this layout (can you just picture some wire curling around and some sparkly doo dads?) only I have no idea where the fly tying kit is! Does this surprise you? It shouldn't if you know me at all, haha! All right, off to link this up and enjoy a glass of nice vino before bed.

Supplies (all Close to My Heart): cardstock and patterned paper from Rough & Tumble paper pack, Outdoor Denim ink, Intrinsic Backgrounds stamp set

Other: Tim Holtz Grungeboard and Distress Ink, Ranger Perfect Pearls, MME overlay, Hampton Arts alpha stamps, Creative Memories pen, unknown sheer clock

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Roxy! This is an awesome layout!! Love the clock embellishment and the flourishes! For a layout you 'scrambled' on, you seemed to pull it together terrifically. :)
    Unfortunately my mojo is still missing and my layout for Scrapbook.com is due tomorrow. So I guess it will be me scrambling... hopefully mine looks 'pulled together' as well. =/
    Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO! I love the chipboard swirls and the clock embellie. Great sketch inspiration! Love the photos too! Thank you for joining us over at ARTastic;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a lovely layout with great photos for the ARTastic challenge! Love that you've stamped the title and the journaling. Thank you for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great take on this month's challenge, Love your swirls as well.. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey roxy! How great are your photos for this challenge....Well done!
    Love your swirls and your title along with your clock...just perfect!
    Cheers
    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab layout Roxy, love the blue, watery feel to the whole page, and the photos are great too. Wish my "scrambling" turned out like this!!!

    Maybe you'll have to "borrow" your Mum's old typewriter for a little while! I thought mine was old (probably about 60+ years old, but your Mum's is even older!)

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic lo Rox!! I love the shimmery grungeboard!! and those dragonflies are perfect. I also really like how you stamped the green paper (: You've just been whipping off those pages haven't you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous page Roxy! I love those swirls you have created, great papers & such great photos. Thank you for playing along with us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous photos, thanks for playing along at artastic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uhooi,,
    This work is creative, sweet and nice,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Roxy! It doesn't look "scrambled" at all! In fact, I think this is my favourite layout of yours yet! I love the swirly thing, the clock, the stipes ... Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rox, I just love love this, gorgeous layout, that striped background paper is stunning and not scrambled....I love the flourish. And you made it in time my friend. Work is going okay, please send some mojo across the miles to me please. lol. Think I am just trying to get into a routine....Hope you are well, Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful!!! The page is in perfect balance, simply a joy to look at! Thank you so much for playing with us.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made a perfect layout for the ARTastic challenge!!! Thanks for your lovely comment at my blog earlier! I have been waiting for your layout, and you really did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's stunning as always. I have also really enjoyed all the photos you posted for your photo challenges. Finally downloaded google chrome and my blog is finally working again. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete