Thursday, June 16, 2011

Layout #26 - Project 12 for May

I was scrapping away yesterday and late last night, and when I finished this double pager, I thought, "I think I've got some mojo going here! I don't know where it came from, but this is great!" I took these photos, put my finished pages on the kitchen table, and headed off to bed. This morning, Jason says, "I like your pages!" Oh, thanks honey. "Yeah, they look really Christmas-y!" Grrr, thanks, jerk, I NEVER would've thought of that on my own, I just would've been completely oblivious for the rest of my life, enjoying my beautiful SPRING layout! Sigh, I can never look at it the same now. Should I add a flower sticker or something to that Christmas ornament in the upper left? Your opinions are much appreciated (more than Jason's, anyway!).

You know what can't be changed, though, is my opinion on that photo of Ailis looking over the bridge rail. I think that has to be one of the best photos I ever took! (Unfortunately, this blog photo does not do it justice.) The lighting and shadows were just gorgeous from that angle!!! I'll have to make another page using that photo one day.


Supplies (all Close to My Heart): Perfect Day Level 2 paper pack and My Stickease, Tulip pen, Juniper ink


Other: Bazzill Just The Edge trim

13 comments:

  1. All I can say is, Husbands are BONEHEADS!!! I would have never thought it was Christmassy. What I would have said is, I really like how you embossed the circle, and the scalloped border is very cute!!! and the photos are gorgeous!!! I like how you placed them.
    Just tell Jason to be quiet (:
    Nice to see that you can comment again, thanks for the one you left this morning (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the photo of Ailis looking over the railing, it is stunning and you are getting so awesome with the photos my friend, I love this double pager but could you please send me some mojo, I started work on Wednesday and just cannot sit down yet to scrap, I have one layout and then wowsers, nothing to scrap, never been like this before. I love double pagers and tomorrow I hope hope you have done the trick and motivated me enough to sit down and do something...I love you dear friend, and you are so pretty in the first photo on the layout. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, not sure where he got the Christmas from - I have this paper and don't think this it is anything I would use for Christmas pictures! lol Layout is beautiful Roxy! Send me some MOJO for tonight will ya....first time I've scrapped in weeks and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas??? How? Why? Not seeing it myself!!! It is however, a lovely double layout, and I really like your photo of Ailis on the bridge too.

    Glad that you are back commenting too - we missed you!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great layouts.....I have been terribly negligent in my blogging and commenting over the past couple of months. My apologies!!! We have been a bit consumed dealing with a family member with a terminal illness. The process has been eye opening, but also a priveledge and a pleasure to participate in. I will hopefully be able to get on here more. Keep up the great work..

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ignore Jason - this is a great layout without ANY hint of Christmas! I admire your discipline to be able to stick with the number of photos in the sketch. For the life of me I just can't seem to do that!!
    Rock on Roxy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! I figured out how to post comments onto your blog again!!!!!!

    (insert happy dance here)

    FYI - try this: when you are directed to log in once you initially submit your comment, UNcheck the "remember me" button and then log in. Worked for me - hopefully it works for you. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see where he got Christmassy but I think it's lovely as is! Great P12 page! I wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the great big ricrac and don't see Christmas at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, not Christmas...Isn't that CTMH paper? Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boys are funny! I have a lot, I mean a LOT of Longaberger baskets and it never matters what shape I carry or what is in it, almost EVERY man says "Nice picnic basket". I see no indications of Christmas whatsoever. :) Nice job and it is indeed a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not see Christmas AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, it's a good thing men are cute! (I don't see Christmat at all!!!)

    ReplyDelete