Saturday, September 3, 2011

Layout #47 - September Creative Accents Challenge

Are you ready for a brand new challenge over at Creative Accents Challenges? Here it is:

And here is what I came up with!
I worked super hard on this one, I really wanted it to stand out for my first project for my new Design Team position! I used one ribbon to make my photo frame (love that ruffled ribbon, now I'm almost out!) I chose brads and grungeboard as my embellishments - brads to anchor my photo frame and to decorate the patterned paper in the upper right corner, and a Grungeboard swirl (cut in two) and a "6" inked up with Distress Ink, brushed with Perfect Pearls, and then coated with Glossy Accents. I loved that piece of Webster's Pages patterned paper, I bought it at Creative Accents last time I was there with this photo in mind, but then I was stumped - I did NOT know where to go from there. Finally, I decided to trace and cut a matching piece of American Crafts paper to mirror it. I didn't have anything suitable for a background, though, so I made my own by stamping my Hero Arts background stamp in Versamark ink on white paper, heat embossing with clear embossing powder, and then painting over it with a Perfect Pearls/water mixture. It didn't turn out as bright blue as I expected, but after living with it for a day, it's kind of grown on me! A bunch of super sappy journaling, and my page is done! Here's a close-up of some details:
I'm also entering this page over at Scrapbooker's Anonymous, who want to see you use chipboard on your creation. Hopefully Grungeboard counts, because I'm really low on chipboard! Enjoy, and I hope to have you join me this month over at Creative Accents Challenges!

Supplies: Webster's Pages and American Crafts patterned paper, Bazzill and Close to My Heart cardstock, Hero Arts stamp, Versamark ink, Ranger/Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Distress Ink, Glossy Accents, and Perfect Pearls, 7 Gypsies brads, Close to My Heart embossing powder, unknown ribbon
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Looking Great Roxy Welcome to the Team.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the details, Roxy- can't wait to see your pearly resist background in person :) So glad you've joined our Seriously Creative Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job - and congrats on your new Design Team membership! I love all the colours, and I agree, that ruffled ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is fabulous Roxy! I really like all the details you put into it! The ribbon frame is awesome and I looove the cool resist background! Welcome to the team can't wait to see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Roxy. Looks like your stint as guest designer is going to be a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is fantastic! The ribbon around the photo really draws your eye to the picture and great use of that chipboard! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your page! How cool to use that ribbon around the photo...great idea. So glad you joined the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think grungeboard does indeed count and I love how you used it on you layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. grungeboard definitely counts.. it's just as lovely and I need to use more of mine. =) This is really wonderful. you did a great job for your new DT. That ribbon as the frame is awesome. I like the split circle too.
    thanks for digging in your stash and playing along with us at SA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Rox!!! I love the ruffled ribbon frame and your homemade background!!! You always put so much into your layouts!!! Congrats on the DT!!! I must have missed that announcement, sorry ):

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome first project Roxy - gorgeous layout, and I too, am loving that ruffly ribbon!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    p.s. will email you later!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Scrapbooker Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving how you embellished around your photo and that green scalloped paper! Congratulations on the design team position!!Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous first LO for your DT,love the grunge board. Thanks for playing along with us at SA.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your new DT should be thrilled- glad you shared it with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it ..this is so beautiful... congrats on your new Design Team membership! And thank you so much for playing along with us over at scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is BEAUTIFUL! I Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the way you did the diecut paper! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete