Sunday, September 25, 2011

Layout #53 - August Project 12

Here is the sketch for Project 12 for August:
and here is what I came up with:




I kept it fairly simple, and stuck very closely to the original sketch. The hard part was narrowing down all my August pics to only three, but I think I put the best ones on here. I just love this paper pack from Close to My Heart, but I didn't have any royal blue, so all of the blue paper you see was actually cream - I just brayered over it with blue ink. The scallop frame around Brenna's face is homemade, too. I just made a large circle frame with my Creative Memories circle cutters, and then cut a bunch of smaller circles in half to make the scallops. I added some green twine at the top, and a subtitle made with my trusty label maker, and that's about it - a fun summer page! I'm also going to link this up to Sketches in Thyme for their Open Challenge.

Supplies (all CTMH): Splendor Level 2 paper pack, Moonstruck ink, Chocolate (small) alphabet stamp set, Clover Meadow brads

Other: Twinery twine, Bazzill Just The Edge border, Dymo label maker and tape, unknown twine

P.S. Hunter's settling in pretty good, probably about 90% house trained. Nolan had a bit of a breakdown yesterday where he was feeling very overwhelmed and restricted, and also that he wasn't being a very good dog owner, so we had a heart-to-heart (I told him that's exactly how I felt when I had him 9 years ago!) and I think he's feeling better about the whole situation today. Here's another pic for you to enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. I so wish I could cuddle Hunter too! But ... I'm in the throes of potty training LC so I'll give your li'l pooper a miss this time! :)

    Love your P12 LO! What a clever way to create your own scalloped circle! I will have to steal it, thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout! Love how you framed out that one photo with the flower!!! And Hunter is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you improvise when you need something for a layout and don't have it! Love your photos too! Very cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely set of pictures so well displayed.. Hunter looks like a prize.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout again Roxy, great pics of great memories! So glad to hear that Hunter is settling in well and is nearly house trained - he is sooo cute!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is so sweet and your puppy so adorable!! I love following your blog, you have so many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous layout! Such a cute puppy, our lab (in the layout you commented on) was a very laid back puppy right from the get go, we were spoiled with her... the lab puppy we got after her (a choc lab that got hit by a car at 9 months) drove me bonkers too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your too funny Rox!! (the part about Nolan and your heart to heart (: )
    Your layout is fabulous!!! I love the sketch!! Might have to try that one when I have time!! You are so good at coming up with other ways to do stuff when you don't have what you need!! I would likely just quit!! I like the idea of using the label maker!!
    Sorry I've been slacking on the comments!!! I still read your posts but don't always get to comment (they get blocked when I'm at work ):

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your double LO - awesome work. Hunter looks adorable, and your story about your chat with Nolan made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch!!

    Thanks for joining us at SiT!!

    Erin R

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh such a pretty LO! and your little Hunter is pretty cute too!! Thanks for joining in the challenge, we have a DT Call posted right now if you’d like to give it a try! =) Tiffany
    Sketches In Thyme

    ReplyDelete