Monday, September 12, 2011

Layout #49 - Sketchy Thursdays




Here is one of the layouts I started at Creative Accents Saturday night for Tara's b-day crop. I knew I wanted to use this sketch from Sketchy Thursdays:
as soon as I saw it because I had printed out a bunch of small prints the last time I was in the big smoke (Williams Lake, that is, and I know all the Lakers are laughing when I say Williams Lake is the "big smoke"!) I don't know how happy I am with how this turned out. I remember sitting there at 9 p.m. saying, "I've been here working on this for how long? And I've got 3 photos and some strips of paper on my page!" Anyway, once I got it home, I did a bit more work on it, adding the journaling and title and a bit of machine stitching (helps everything stay together!), but I can't help feeling like it needs a bit more pizzazz. On the up side, at least the photos and journaling are really dominant, right?

Supplies: Close to My Heart and Bazzill (?) embossed cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper and pins, Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist and Distress Ink, Maya Road doily, Making Memories alpha stickers, Twinery twine, Creative Memories pen Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done it came together great.. You expected to get a whole bunch done at the get together.. My my.. I never get that much done but love to see what everyone else is working on and visit.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it Rox!!! Just because you didn't use 10 million techniques on it!! (: I love the layout and the way you did your title as a little banner and used pins as the posts (: Your background is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeee how you did this on its side...and loving that banner! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!
    thanks for playing along with ST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketch Roxy, and great layout too! Especially love your bunting title, and that Grandma is so hands on with your kids - they'll remember that forever.

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Roxy. I love the bunting and the photos are precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, Roxy! I agree, that bunting title is awesome! You know what you need? An edger punch! I have one for you all you need to do is send me your address (alisonday at eastlink dot ca)!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic as always...your title is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete