Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Layout #48 - Ahoy Landlubber!



I made this cute page for Nolan (about time for a boy page, eh?) using a Page Maps sketch from the summer edition of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine, some newer papers, and some older scraps from my stash. I had everything laid out when I got to thinking something was missing, and that's when I thought of adding these Grungeboard skull and crossbones. That idea generated the title! Don't ya love it when things just fall into place like that? And since I used up some more Grungeboard, I am going to link this page up to Scrapbooker's Anonymous - they want to see you use your chipboard stash, so what are you waiting for, you know you have some (or lots)!

Supplies: Imaginisce, American Crafts, Sassafrass, and Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, Bazzill, Prism, and Close to My Heart cardstock, Tim Holtz/Ranger Grungeboard, Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls, Twinery twine, Prima journaling card, Creative Memories pen, Hampton Arts alpha stamps, dollar store date stamp
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is so much fun! I love that skull - it looks awesome! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow!! I really like all these colors and that skull completely ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout and love the colors.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it is about time for a boy layout! Love how you did the Ahoy landlubber title...neat way to use the baker's twine in behind the skull.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love this! The twine behind the grunge board is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous boy layout here Roxy, lots of things I like about this one, loving the bakers twine and bunting especially!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are on a scrappy roll. =) Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know I was a sketchy fave. I had totally forgot about checking. lol. And I love those skulls. I have that grungeboard and need to find a page to put them on. Hope you have a fab weekend. Thanks again for playing with SA.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great boy layout! Glad you dug in for a second layout! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those grungeboard skull and cross bones and the way you used one for the title. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea that skull and crossbones grungeboard even existed! Love it on your layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This layout just says fun - right down to the colours you chose! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fab LO,that skull and crossbow is so cool. Thanks for joining us over at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love the skull and cross bones- super cute pics too- glad you found time for another LO for us at Scrapbookers Anon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW... you are on a roll eh... this is beautiful... thank you so much for playing along with US over scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete