Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Layout #52 - JUGs and Sketches in Thyme




Loved this sketch from Sketches in Thyme:

and loved the colour combo this week from Just Us Girls: aqua, pumpkin, and kiwi. Actually, I didn't think I'd be able to participate in this challenge just because I didn't think I had any photos with those colours. Then, I saw Brenna playing outside wearing an aqua shirt and orange pants. Add a bit of green grass, and voila, the colour combo is met! Now my next challenge will be to get rid of some photos off my scan disk, it is right full and goes back to my birthday on December 27th. (Or I could get a new scan disk, but that would just be too easy for me, now wouldn't it?)

Supplies: MME and Making Memories patterned paper, Close to My Heart cardstock, stamps and brads, Ranger Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls Mist, Prima flowers, American Crafts Thickers, Hampton Arts stamps, Colorbox ink, Twinery twine

P.S. - I made my scrapbooking goal for the year, already!?!? Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. What a super sweet layout! Great job with the colors! THanks for playing along with JUST US GIRLS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW!! This is sooo cute! I love that sketch too and you rocked it girl! Those pics are adorable!! Thanks for playin with us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute layout and great colors! Love the base paper and what you did with the twine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching your goal for our layout challenge!! I think you are probably the first one! Wow, is Brenna ever getting big...seems like just yesterday you were posting newborn pics! Love this sketch and I really like how you used the bakers twine. What did you use to stick it down - liquid glass?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work!!! Love those pics and the placement of the flowers! Super cute! Congrats on reaching your goal already - awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Roxy! Aren't you a love! I sure enjoyed reading your post and learning how you came to create this wonderful layout - ADORABLE! YOU solved the color dilemma, most expertly! Bonus points for weaving them into a scrapbook layout! DING! DING! Awesome work! Thanks for sharing your talent with Just Us Girls! Yipeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! Making goals early is so awesome!!!
    This layout is super cute (natch!) - maybe it`s the subject matter!! :)

    FYI - big blog candy on my blog right now. http://adayinthelifeor5.blogspot.com/2011/09/birthday-blog-candy.html

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab LO,love the sketch and colours,those photo's are perfect,what a little sweetie. I love the stitching and bakers twine you've added. Have a good weekend.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sketch and love your page Roxy, especially your use of Baker's twine!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious!! Love the twine on the die cut edge..!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh, this is soooooo beautiful, I just loved it!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme!!
    Kisses, kisses,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. love how you used the twine to outline! Thanks for joining in the challenge, we have a DT Call posted right now if you’d like to give it a try! =) Tiffany
    Sketches In Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just too sweet! LOVE your gorgeous, orange and blue, color palette with the neutral brown. Putting that one in my inspiration file! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete