Thursday, December 23, 2010

December Daily Day 18 - Good News and Bad News

Warning: This blog post contains graphic information that may not be suitable for the sensitive reader!!!

The bad news is: in the middle of the night, my ear started leaking! Bloody, pus-filled fluid!!! I know, gross, right? This has never happened to me before, so I was trying not to freak right out!!! Anyway, went to the medical clinic early this morning and they fit me in somehow.
The good news is: I'm not going deaf or getting my ear amputated (the former I told Nolan, the latter Jason told him, and he was just about in tears). It's a bad infection that should clear up pretty quickly with antibiotics. The other good news is that now I have the story for December 23!
Anyway, back to the real reason for this post: Isn't Ailis just the cutest little highland dancer you ever saw? She's been doing lessons since September, and she was the last girl in her group of beginners with no shoes! Terrible parent, I am! Finally we got around to tracing her little feet and sending it by fax to Tartantown in Coquitlam, and they were able to choose a shoe and send it up. Only took a couple of days, so we let her open this gift so she could wear them to her last dance lesson of the year.
I'm almost at my 200th post! That, along with my Birthday on the 27th, may be reason enough for some candy!!! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Ewwww, your ear sounds nasty Roxy....hope that infection clears up soon. Congrats on your 200th post!!! I must say, they are always entertaining..lol. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 27th (just in case I'm not around that day) Hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuk, yuk, yuk! Poor old Roxy, hope those antibiotics start working quickly so that you can enjoy Christmas.

    Love your page, new shoes! Ailis looks pleased with them too.

    Happy Christmas to you and your family.

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww is right! Hope you're feeling much better by now!
    I haven't been blog trolling lately so I'"m trying to catch up on your DD. Love the story about Ailis's shoes! Makes me feel a tiny bit better about forgetting Marley's ballet shoes on the day of the parent observation. And Ailis is the cutest Highland dancer!! Would love to put my girls in that but it's too much $$$$ ... of course, ballet's not much better!!
    Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete